Well hello everyone! Mom and Dad are letting me give you all an update of the past year... which is pretty awesome considering I just made a deposit into Dad's hand while he changed my first diaper of 2009 this morning. Thanks, Dad! Don't forget to wash your hands!
2008: From what I can tell, this year has pretty much been all about me. I wasn't around for the first half of it, but everything I've heard seems to revolve around my entrance into the world. Mom and Dad spent much of the first half of the year visiting hospitals, doctors, birthing classes, and making plans for my birthday. I've heard of lots of trips to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... and quite a few visits from family to my house! I think some of them even slept in my room before it was my room. Weird.
Mom and Dad also spent a lot of time together before I was born. I have no idea what they would talk about without me around, but I guess they were okay with that. I hear they spent extra time going on date nights and even taking something called a "babymoon" to the cabin they stayed in after they got married. Even that trip was about me though... I've seen pictures of them putting together awesome baby shower gifts on that trip.
Thanks, everyone, for all the gifts by the way. I slobber on them often.
I made my appearance on June 22nd. It turns out that I can turn labor into a pretty long, drawn out event. I made sure Mom and Dad got their money's worth. It was a pretty awesome day. Right off the bat, I got a passing grade on my first test. I didn't even study, but they say it proves I'm healthy. The day was sort of a blur, and the next day or two weren't much better, but me and Mom and Dad got through it with some help from Grandma Kline.
Since then, I've just been developing my awesomeness. Currently, I'm working on my third tooth, sitting up, banging on things, eating smushed up vegetables, and sleeping for longer than 6 hours. I've had plenty of shots (NOT fun), and the doctor tells me that I'm freakishly tall and skinny... but they aren't worried. Turns out I'm just built like my Uncle Jeremy. Bring on the ladies.
I've had lots of visits from grandparents and friends. I've even gotten to take lots of trips. Turns out that I'm a pretty good traveler. Check out this list of destinations!
- My G&G Clemens' house in Vincennes. That's in Indiana. I felt the urge to eat corn and play basketball there... unfortunately I can't chew or walk yet.
- Camp Tippy. For some weird reason, this place felt oddly like home. I hear it has a history with my family.
- Aunt Marcia and Uncle Ron's lakehouse. They didn't let me drive the boat. Maybe next year. I've been practicing with my ducky in the bathtub.
- My other grandparents house in Crawfordsville. All the people there look exactly like Mom. I don't mind. They snuggle with me a lot.
- I stayed with my new friends, the Stewarts, while Mom and Dad went to Dad's High School reunion. This was in some magical place called "New Castle." Our hotel had a giant shoe in front of it. Strange.
- My great grandparents house in Tennessee. Everyone kept eating while we were there. Wow. They called it "Thanksgiving," but I called it "crazy-fun-get-passed-around-a-lot time."
- Then we did a repeat tour of Indiana and opened up all sorts of shiny wrapped boxes. I saw all my grandparents again... and even saw my great grandma Kline!
Mom seems to love being home all of the time with me. We go out somewhere almost every day. Target and Meijer are some of our favorite hangouts, where I always meet new people who tell me how cute I am. Mom is always showing me her coupons and lecturing me on how to save money. At home we spend lots of time playing, reading books, and giving slobbery kisses (just me...Mom's aren't slobbery). I like hanging out in the kitchen in my excersaucer while she cooks, sings, and dances. She's always explaining to me what she's doing, even though I don't really know what she's talking about.
Dad isn't around all day like Mom, but we get to hang out a lot, too. He spends many of his days doing things for our church. It doesn't seem easy, but he sure seems to enjoy doing it. He tells me that God has huge plans for the church, and we all have a part to play in it. I don't get it yet, but I can tell that our church really loves me.
I think that pretty much wraps it up. I've been asked to let you know that Mom and Dad really appreciate all of you. If you're reading this letter from me, chances are you've invested in me and our family in great ways already. Thank you!
We're sorry we didn't get Christmas cards out this year, too! Thanks to all of you that sent them to us. I gnawed on a few of them... no offense. Check out some updated pictures of me by clicking the picture below.
Love you! We hope you have a great New Year!