Tuesday, July 7, 2009 | |

top recipes

For those who don't already know, I have been doing bulk cooking for the past few months. With the help of our friend, Tricia, Tami and I have cooked once a month since February. We even took the month of May off to catch up on leftover food! Tricia provides everything we need to make it go smoothly - menus, recipes, grocery lists, instructions for the cooking day, and even the weekly shopping breakdown for the Dayton/Cincinnati area (we purchase the food during the month before the cooking day when items are on sale). Tami and I (and our families) absolutely love it. We both love to cook, so it's nice to spend set-aside time making new dishes, yet still saving time in the evenings. Oh, and the money we're saving is an extra perk!!

Since we've been doing this, Tami and I have both had numerous people ask us what our favorite recipes have been, so I made a list! We have been pleasantly surprised with how much we like the recipes, and these are our favorites. For those who are interested, I've broken down the recipes by month. If you go here you can find the recipes in their respective months.

April
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Ham & Potato Pockets
Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ
Burritos
Cheddar Butter Burgers
Beef Fajitas

March
Baked Chicken Fingers
Spinach Tortellini Soup
Raspberry Chicken
Pizza Roll-Ups
Jamie's Minestrone
Orange Marmalade Marinade Salmon

February
Chicken Parmigiana
Spaghetti Sauce
Chicken (Turkey) & Corn Quesadillas
Taco Soup
Vegetable Soup
Blueberry Whole Wheat Waffles
Lasagna
Banana Sour Cream Bread/Muffins

Yum. I actually miss some of these dishes. I love to talk about it, so let me know if you have any questions! Oh, and visit Once A Month Mom :)


1 comments:

Tricia@onceamonthmom.com said...

I bookmarked this post in my reader so I can go back to your favorites and see again. Thanks for sharing.