Thursday, September 4, 2008 | |

labor-less day

Our Labor Day getaway was precisely what we needed. We spent four fabulous days at Lake James in Indiana, where my aunt has a house. Drew has been working long hours lately in preparation for some upcoming things at Apex, so he was able to take Friday completely off! We headed to Indiana around noon, and Jonas did very well on the trip...I'm so thankful for a baby who travels well! My family met us there eventually, and we spent the weekend boating, tubing, swimming, sun bathing, eating, talking, sleeping, fishing, walking, and of course, playing with Jonas. It was great...we successfully fit our "summer" into four days! It was so refreshing to spend that time with Drew, Jonas, and my family. Drew and Jonas got to have lots of daddy-son time, which both of them loved. I've posted some pics from the weekend on our Picasa site (link is on the right), but here are a couple of my faves:

Enjoying the boat ride


Four generations


Heading to a bonfire



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! Welcome to Blogger :-) Jonas is getting so big, and so cute!

Jami said...

I am a friend of Aimee's and ran across your blog from her site. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Too bad more of them can't be so perfectly spent!

Jami Johnson
http://fantasticfamilyoffour.blogspot.com